Tips For Shopping Small This Festive Season
Shopping small is amazing, but I do understand that it can seem daunting. It’s not as easy as it is to search Amazon for what you’re after, make a couple of clicks and it arrive the next day. Buuut in buying from a small business you’re directly boosting your local economy, as well as helping someone live their dream and pay their bills. You’re buying from a real person that knows their products inside out, not just a faceless company.
So, here are some tips to make the process a little easier!
1. Don’t worry if you aren’t able to shop small! We understand that you might just not be in the position to shop small, but there are still lots of ways you can show your support. The best things to do are to follow us on social media and sign up to our mailing lists. These are the best ways to keep up to date with what we’re up to and be the first to know about any offers or sales.
2. Save posts from social media or create a wishlist. This makes it easy to find the items you wish to buy if you can’t buy them straight away.
3. Make a purchase sooner rather than later where you can! We often can’t get things to you next day, and with postage delays likely, it’s always better to purchase items sooner rather than later. This is especially important if you’re buying an item that’s made to order or it’s a custom piece. It also works well if you’re looking to spread the cost of buying presents over a few months instead of buying everything all in one go.
4. Take a look at what events we’re at. This is one of the great ways following us or receiving our emails pays off. You’ll be up to date with what markets and events we’re taking part in so you can see and purchase products in person. A lot of business owners will also be happy for you to arrange collection of an order from an event too. This cuts down on postage cost and time.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask questions! If you’re unsure of ANYTHING, even if you think you’re asking a silly question, get in touch! We would rather you ask about something instead of being put off, or getting something and not being happy with it.
Of course, these are just a few things to help you out. If you’re a fellow small business owner or are a seasoned small business shopper, leave your own tips in the comments!
I hope this festive season is filled with joy and as little stress as possible, and I’ll be back soon with some wonderful gift ideas.